X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamondlite or Gordon Max Simulated Diamond

Have anyone bought the simulated diamonds from them? Diamondlite is located at Takashimaya while Gordon Max has several counters at leading department. Which one is better?

I bought a pair of solitaire earrings from Gordon Max when the brand was relatively new in S'pore and they were having a promotion. I wore them for a while and put them in cold storage. When I took them out again, I spotted some funky green stuff (mould?) growing on them, was too disgusted with it and dumped them away. Truth be told, these faux diamonds are nothing compared to the real thing - nowhere as sparkly and after a while, they cease to sparkle even the least bit. I think the reason why they look soooo sparkly and shiny at the counter is due to the spotlights.

Comment

i have a hi-bye friend that work at gordon max, she advise against buying their products. but she never tell me why.

Comment

sorry to jump in, gordon max and diamondlite are they the only 2 stores in singapore that sells man-made diamonds?

Comment

Originally posted by femme17 View Post
          sorry to jump in, gordon max and diamondlite are they the only 2 stores in singapore that sells man-made diamonds?
          Both these brands that you mentioned are diamond stimulates, they are not diamonds. Some might have a percentage of carbon. If you are talking about man-made stimulated diamonds, there are tons of CZs around. Singapore used to have lab-grown diamonds years ago, the two brands are Gemesis and Apollo, but they have retreated since. These lab-grown diamonds have the same chemical as a natural diamond, mainly carbon. However, most of them are in colors, limited quantity in small white diamonds (less thn a carat, maybe smaller) as they are afraid that they might be mixed up with the real thing and that there is no way to control them. These lab-grown are not cheap either, and the color not quite right.

Comment

I am just wondering if man-made diamonds are better than cubic zircona?

Anyways back to the topic....I always see Gordan Max and even with the spotlights, I really feel they look fake. Its the lack of inner shine from a diamond.

Comment

Some simulated diamonds have a very small percentage of carbon, some have an extra coating to prevent it from getting scratched easily or to prevent it from turning cloudy like CZs but they are still CZs to me. These stones however have an empty hollow look in them, have a fancy name, good marketing and cost a bomb.

Comment

So any where else I can get relatively inexpensive but good stimulated diamonds besides Gordon Max and Diamondlite?

TIA!

Comment

i remember there was this shop that sold diamond simulants called mossanite. they were at lucky plaza (if i'm not wrong it's on the second floor shops facing the street) but not sure if there are still there. i think a lot of these diamond simulants fail simply because the companies that produce them do not emphasise on cutting them to maximise their brilliance. if you don't mind paying a bit more for superior, almost real looking diamond simulants, hk carries the Carat brand which is quite good. they are cut (or so they claim) to the same standards as a normal diamond. prices range from usd 200 and up. you can go check out their website. i think it's www.carat.cc or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLambie View Post
                    So any where else I can get relatively inexpensive but good stimulated diamonds besides Gordon Max and Diamondlite?

TIA!
                    Hi LittleLambie, u can try this store 18karaats. It looks good to me. No doubt i have never bought from them as yet.
                    They follow the cutting of real diamonds....

Comment

solitaire inc

have anyone heard abt solitaire inc? heard they are doing simulated diamonds or man-made diamonds.

Comment

Originally posted by chng_gk View Post
                        Hi LittleLambie, u can try this store 18karaats. It looks good to me. No doubt i have never bought from them as yet.
                        They follow the cutting of real diamonds....
                        Oh yes, 18karaats has got very bling simulated diamonds, hard to believe it's not real. I always go to the shop in Square 2 to ogle at the rings. But the design I like (one big centre diamond with little ones down the sides) is not all that cheap. But it's really very very pretty. Psychoing my SO for X'mas present !

Comment

Originally posted by Pinky_Smokey View Post
                          Oh yes, 18karaats has got very bling simulated diamonds, hard to believe it's not real. I always go to the shop in Square 2 to ogle at the rings. But the design I like (one big centre diamond with little ones down the sides) is not all that cheap. But it's really very very pretty. Psychoing my SO for X'mas present !
                          how much is that?

hmm...and where is square 2?

Comment

walk past diamondlite at Taka today and they have 0.5carat simulated diamond on white gold ring band going for $240 after discount!
                            The SA said to preserve the shine, just need to use dishwashing liquid to rinse every wk...

Comment

Originally posted by lun View Post
                              how much is that?

hmm...and where is square 2?
                              Its at Novena MRT station. I bought from 18Karaats before. Their simulated diamonds are not bad, very much like the real thing, but of course, they are faux.
                              Considering they are not real diamonds, they are relatively expensive, a bit over-priced. But if compare to real diamonds, of course they are far far cheaper.
                              I would recommend their diamond simulants over gordon max or diamondlite.

Comment

Working...
                              X