X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jade Jewellery

Anyone possesses any jade pieces?? I adore them as much as I pearls! I am always on the prowl for jade pieces that are designed in a modern and stylish way.

One brand that deals only in jade pieces is Elizabeth Kate but I find the designs too rugged for my taste.

Just discovered a brand called Jennifer Green at Tangs, 2nd level. They are mostly dealing with natural gemstones. Saw some pretty unique and wearable jade earrings on sale there but prices are not cheap. It starts from $150 onwards.

Here's an article on the resurgence of modern jade jewellery
    Last edited by teiko; 20-03-2005, 10:12 PM.

i was going to recommend Jennifer green too.
    nice but not very easy on the wallet. :eh:

Comment

I think Mudan @ FEP has some pretty nice pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzie
        i was going to recommend Jennifer green too.
        nice but not very easy on the wallet. :eh:
        True, but considering that they only make one piece per design, its worth it

My only complaint is that the metal used are silver and not rhodium or other less tarnishable metals......
        Last edited by teiko; 21-03-2005, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Oh I'm into jade and pearls now! Thanks for the links, girls!

Comment

justifiable, teiko!

Comment

i am not, my SIL is, she is young & can still look good with jade pieces.

go ahead , get, can wear till all your teeth drop ah very worth it.

Comment

I heard from my friend that you purchase semi-precious stones like diamond, jade, onyx & etc... The stones must give you the affinity feeling. This means the stones belongs to you. So I'll spend my money on it, as we're linked

By the way, I ultra love semi-precious stones So I had a lot of pendants & earrings

Comment

i've got 3 pairs of dangling jade earrings. loving them to death!

Comment

you are funny, vernis!
                    My friend in her early 20's looks good in Jade jewellery too, it look very unique on her, not aunt-ish!

Comment

OOps!

IMO retailers mark up way to high here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoppingQueenie
                        I heard from my friend that you purchase semi-precious stones like diamond, jade, onyx & etc... The stones must give you the affinity feeling. This means the stones belongs to you. So I'll spend my money on it, as we're linked
                        How true! So now it means we got another excuse to shop

Jokes aside, the lady at Jennifer Green was telling me the exact thing about the gemstones.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                          Oh I'm into jade and pearls now! Thanks for the links, girls!
                          I'm into both since forever and they go so well with chinoserie tops!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzie
                            My friend in her early 20's looks good in Jade jewellery too, it look very unique on her, not aunt-ish!
                            I honestly believe that it basically boils down to the design of the jewellery. Just have to find a style that suits you

Comment

you are so right, teiko. i was trying to say that Jade has taken a different form now.
                              Last edited by Jazzie; 20-03-2005, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X