X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caring For Fashion Jewelry

While fashion jewelry is also commonly referred to as junk jewelry and costume jewelry, both terms that make the jewelry sound worthless, taking good care of it is an absolute must. One of the most important things you should remember about fashion jewelry is that unlike fine jewelry that is made of precious metal and stone, it will tarnish and fade and can look quite unsightly if not cared for well. Fine jewelry can be restored to its original state by polishing and buffing. You will have no such luck with your fashion jewelry.

This is what I do to maintain my accessories and they really last :

Oxidation causes accessories to tarnish. Never hang your accessories up on accessories stands though they may look pretty. This cause them to tarnish easily as they are in constant contact with oxygen/moisture. A good and cheap tip (mentioned by Crystaldollies) is to keep them in ziploc bags. I always buy mine from Daiso, they come in varying sizes to suit different needs - e.g. small ziplocs for earrings, bigger ones for chunky necklaces. I keep one piece of accessory to 1 ziploc to avoid scratches etc. This also makes it easy for me to look for a specific piece s ziplocs are transparent.

Avoid contact with oils, salts or chemicals. Do not handle your accessories when you have just applied hand cream as it contains chemicals - another one we all know is perfume. Wait for awhile after you've put on hand cream before you put on your rings and remove your rings before washing hands with soap. Wipe your accessories with a soft cloth after wearing to remove the oils and dirt.

Comment

Yeah .. .fashion jewelry are kinda delicate compared to original hard rock stones like diamonds or rubies....
      But they look stylish ...
      I am more into diamonds ... and other gem stones!!

Comment

Yeah agree with you
        But fashion jewelries aren't worthless, they are nice if handled properly!

Comment

Don't use mainstream cleaners. They are very harsh and can harm the finish on plated jewelry. Instead, we recommend cleaning plated jewelry with warm soapy water with a soft brush for hard to reach areas. Don’t forget to dry it immediately with a lint-free cloth.

Comment

i also keep my jewellery in zip lock bags, though i am tempted to have a display set...!oh wellsss...!

actually there are quite a few tips on Video Guide Singapore

hope it helps!

Comment

i also keep my jewellery in zip lock bags, though i am tempted to have a display set...!oh wellsss...!

actually there are quite a few tips on Video Guide Singapore

hope it helps!

Comment

Use a cloth, preferably a special jewelry polishing cloth, to wipe dirt off your fashion jewelry collection.

Comment

50% Off Luxurious Swarovski Elements Jewellery

PLUS Free Face Spa + Body Massage (worth $460)

Limited time only!

Visit shop: www.OrionCrystalJewellery.com

Comment

Working...
                  X