X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip-on earrings?

Hi cotters, have been browsing through the forum for some time, finally had the courage to post a new thread

I'm one of the rare girls who haven't got my ears pierced (and probably don't intend to), therefore I never cared about earrings until i realized the existence of clip-on earrings (ya, i'm a bit slow..:p) Just bought my first ever pair of earrings from Jo's craft at bugis and now Iooking out for more!

Want to find out if there are any fellow cotters like me who only wear clip-ons? Where can we find shops that sell nice clip-ons, or shops can convert normal earrings to the clip-on type? Thanks in advance!

Hi... Actually me too... I didn't pierce ear holes too... I remembered I went to Seiyu and asked the SA before but it's all so ugly and expensive...

Can you tell me where did you buy your earrings and how much did you pay for them?

Thanks...

Comment

Why not buy normal earrings and then change the ear stud to a clip on backing?

You just need to buy these clip on backings from DIY jewelry shops, and all you need are a pair of pliers and you'll be able to change almost any pair of earrings (except ear studs) into clip ons. It's really simple. Perhaps you can ask the shop assistant at the DIY shop to show you how to do it.

http://www.artbeads.com/gf-clip01.html

The jewlery parts can be found at Beads Etc at Hereen. Far East Plaza and Old People's Park also has a number of such shops. Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi, thanks for your advice... Does the DIY shop in Heeren help me to change if I bring a pair of earrings at a nominal fee or I have to buy the clip-on myself?

If they can help me do it, I will go down tommorrow and buy a pair of earrings first...
        Last edited by duckiee; 09-10-2006, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Sssss : i do clip on earrings .....do PM me ur email add if you are keen =)

Comment

montip does sell some.

Comment

Originally posted by Sssss
              Hi... Actually me too... I didn't pierce ear holes too... I remembered I went to Seiyu and asked the SA before but it's all so ugly and expensive...

Can you tell me where did you buy your earrings and how much did you pay for them?

Thanks...
              Hi Sssss, I bought it at Poisson Rouge pushcart on Bugis Junction 1st level (They have a shop on 2nd level too). Earrings cost $22 but there was an additional charge to convert it from normal to clip-on type. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by visee
              Why not buy normal earrings and then change the ear stud to a clip on backing?

You just need to buy these clip on backings from DIY jewelry shops, and all you need are a pair of pliers and you'll be able to change almost any pair of earrings (except ear studs) into clip ons. It's really simple. Perhaps you can ask the shop assistant at the DIY shop to show you how to do it.

http://www.artbeads.com/gf-clip01.html

The jewlery parts can be found at Beads Etc at Hereen. Far East Plaza and Old People's Park also has a number of such shops. Hope this helps!
              Thanks visee for the information. I'll certainly try this out when i have the time

Comment

Originally posted by lindie
                montip does sell some.
                lindie: Do you know where is it located other than Compass Point? I think I might go down and take a look...
                Thanks...

sunshinetiffany: I saw your livejournal entries, is there any other newly handmade earrings cos I need to find a pair of earring that's more suitable for occassion like attending wedding dinner and D & D...

dust faerie: Thanks, how much do they charge for changing into the clip-on type?

Comment

there's one in century square. near the entrance somewhere beside coffee bean

Comment

Sssss : u can PM me for the links....cos I have too many .......heheh

Comment

There's a earring shop in BV (on the second floor) that allows you to change the stud part to clip-ons. The lady boss told me she can change most of them to clip-ons, except hoops and studs. The clip-on pieces cost $1 a pair, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by jupiter_wind
                        There's a earring shop in BV (on the second floor) that allows you to change the stud part to clip-ons. The lady boss told me she can change most of them to clip-ons, except hoops and studs. The clip-on pieces cost $1 a pair, if I remember correctly.

Sorrie, where is BV?

Comment

bugis village. the messy congested street in between OG and Bugis Junction

Comment

Originally posted by jupiter_wind
                            Oh really??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I've been looking for clip-ons as well....
                            It's really hard to find nowadays...

I'm also one of those w/o ear holes....
                            Had tried 3 times of piercing but failed...
                            In the end, i give up

Comment

I bought 3 pairs of earrings, 1 stud and 2 dangling ones... All for $9.50 at Bugis Village 2nd level...

Comment

Working...
                              X