Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for wide-fit shoes.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for wide-fit shoes.

    I've pretty wide feet, so I usually get my shoes from M&S; their designs haven't been so agreeable w/ me lately though, & I don't wanna buy cheap shoes from New Look's wide-fit range that'll probably last me a few months.

    I'm specifically looking for plain black flats, maybe kitten heels for work. Any suggestions, anyone? Heads-up to any ongoing/upcoming sales will be much appreciated!

  • #2
    Originally posted by ursie View Post
    I've pretty wide feet, so I usually get my shoes from M&S; their designs haven't been so agreeable w/ me lately though, & I don't wanna buy cheap shoes from New Look's wide-fit range that'll probably last me a few months.

    I'm specifically looking for plain black flats, maybe kitten heels for work. Any suggestions, anyone? Heads-up to any ongoing/upcoming sales will be much appreciated!
    I've got the same issue with wide feet... I've a pair of black Mary-Janes from Newlook that lasted me slightly more than half a year but i see signs of it's last days already...

    However, my feet aren't too wide and I'm in-between sizes. More headaches when it comes to buying shoes.

    So sorry Ursie, I can't help much at this point but I share your woes.

    Comment


    • #3
      I wear crocs lily to work. It is a ballet flat. But you might mind the rubbery texture?

      I also just bought crocs saffron, it has a strap across the feet mary jane style, but it has a leather upper, so it looks more normal, but yeah its not a ballet flat per-se.

      Other shoes that work for me are the elastic looking ballet flats from antonio club. The quality seems to be hit and miss though. One pair has lasted me for more than 2 years but another pair was worn out in a few months. I decided to try again this time because of sales at expo.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've gotten flats and slightly-raised flats with wider fronts from Hush Puppies and wear them for work. They're very comfortable and don't cause blisters.

        Comment


        • #5
          my mom has wider feet and she generally buys from Clarks and Scholl.
          Clarks does have some nice designs sometimes, not aunty. Their covered flats tend to be nice

          Comment


          • #6
            How about heels or kitten heels? Anyone have any idea on where to get nice ones?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tidesong View Post
              I wear crocs lily to work. It is a ballet flat. But you might mind the rubbery texture?

              I also just bought crocs saffron, it has a strap across the feet mary jane style, but it has a leather upper, so it looks more normal, but yeah its not a ballet flat per-se.

              Other shoes that work for me are the elastic looking ballet flats from antonio club. The quality seems to be hit and miss though. One pair has lasted me for more than 2 years but another pair was worn out in a few months. I decided to try again this time because of sales at expo.
              Hi tidesong, may i know if you got the crocs saffron in SG? I am looking for comfortable work shoes too and my latest crocs are being tortured beyond their years. May I also know how much you paid for them and if they come in Size 9 or 10? TIA

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi, I got it in SG at the metro expo sale when I posted it. Maybe you can try at a future metro expo sale. There were alot of the crocs saffron shoes there, I am sorry I did not notice the sizes available. The price was about $50 if I recall correctly.

                A small note of caution, I do notice the crocs saffron has less arch support than the other crocs shoes. Not sure why. My first few days of wearing it left my arch strained, however subsequently it seems to be much better. And there is no longer any strain, such that I am still wearing it on a regular basis to work.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tidesong View Post
                  Hi, I got it in SG at the metro expo sale when I posted it. Maybe you can try at a future metro expo sale. There were alot of the crocs saffron shoes there, I am sorry I did not notice the sizes available. The price was about $50 if I recall correctly.

                  A small note of caution, I do notice the crocs saffron has less arch support than the other crocs shoes. Not sure why. My first few days of wearing it left my arch strained, however subsequently it seems to be much better. And there is no longer any strain, such that I am still wearing it on a regular basis to work.
                  Thankyou for the info I contacted Crocs SG office and they tell me they don't carry saffron

                  I saw a pic of the saffron shoes, it looks like it is slanted to one side, is that what is causing the strain maybe....

                  I wonder if Metro will have them in the stores now.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Crocs outlet at IMM is cheaper by 7% as it's less GST. Selection may not be as wide as normal outlets though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know this is pretty late, but just in case anyone comes to this thread, I find Rockport w/ soles by adiprene (collaboration w/ Adidas if I'm not wrong) a delight compared to your run-of-the-mill heels.

                      I also forgot to mention that I'm flat-footed.

                      Last X'mas, I got a pair of clogs from Rockport, and they are truthfully the most comfy "heels" I've worn so far, which is a big help to someone who's shorter than 160cm. If I'm not wrong I think GEOX & ecco are recommendable too as they seem to have proper cushioning.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ursie : try camper, you will find them comfy too.. made for flat footed people with broad front.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi! Wide feet, large feet (like myself!), small feet....yes, it is tough finding shoes that fit, I know what you are talking about. If you want to go for online shopping I can recommend a new site with recommendations of webshops selling wide shoes (other categories available as well). The address is sizes4you.com. Maybe you can find something in your taste to a reasonable price there. Good luck!
                          Last edited by CozyCot_Rose; 19-08-2011, 01:28 PM. Reason: Referral Link & Advertising is not allowed

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            @HeatherSung: I will, thank you! Been keeping an eye out for a sale, so far I haven't seen a design that I'm crazy over.
                            Last edited by ursie; 15-01-2012, 05:07 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I buy shoes from cotton on. They're cheap and lousy but i doesnt hurt so much when i throw them away every other month

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X