X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoes extender

Need some help here, i just bot one gorgeous pair of shoes but i realise the front part of the shoe is a tad tight for my duck-web feet.

Where can I get those wooden shoe extenders? and how much are those? Thanks!!!

go to the cobbler
    he can help u

Comment

just stuff a few old newspaper tightly in the front and leave it for a couple of nights. My friend does that and she said it works as well.

Comment

Sounds good! Thanks!!

Comment

hey Jewel, it really depends on the material of the shoes.

I've tried methods like what fornight mentioned but it didn't work. I still ended up with blistered feet.

Sending to the cobbler might help. Send my Asics sneakers for expanding at the cobbler for a week (they usually leave that wooden expander thing in your shoe for a few days). Spend $10 and my sneakers are not expanded much and still ended up with blistered feet.

The best material for expanding is leather or even sythentic (sp??) leather.

I've tried expanding corduroy and even denim (not recommended...trust me) pumps...not very successful too *sigh*

Hope this helps.

Comment

May i know how much I rougly costs to expand a pair of shoes? My friend told me it is $20+. I was thinking I might as well get a new pair of shoes then.

Comment

I usually expand my shoes at the shoe counter at Seiyu Bugis. They have a cobbler there but the name escapes me. I was charged $10 for expansion.

Some shoe shops at FEP will expand your shoe for free if you purchase shoes from them. Hope this helps.

Comment

I just sent mine to the cobbler cost me $5. My shoes are real leather though, so hopefully it works.

Comment

may i know where you sent it to?

edit: there's no need to use 'quote' if replying directly below the post. thanks.
                  Last edited by vixette; 27-06-2004, 02:40 AM.

Comment

hi...
                    anyone knows of cheap cobblers that can help expand shoes say below $10?
                    My budget is around $5....
                    Or any shops that can expand for free? Sigh, my pointed pumps are way too painful at the front and another pair of patent pumps too small.......
                    *headache*

Comment

Isetan sells shoes expander
                      but it's very expensive - $60 for 1 only (not a pair)!!

Comment

mushroomhead, why not bring the shoes back to the shop for expansion?

Comment

That's so expensive! i wanna get one too as i have broad feet. Anyway sending to cobbler for $10 is also too expensive.

Comment

I am looking for those shoe expander that is used by those shoes stores.. Those that come with screws to enlarge the front part of the shoes. Anyone has any idea where I can get those? Or anyone has bought it before?

Comment

Usually if i need my shoes to expand, i will get the shoe shop that i buy from to do it for me..The gal told me minimum for a week but at no additional charge. So u may want to ask ..So far Pazzion and gripz does it for me free..

Comment

Working...
                              X