Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gucci vs LV

As above.

which is a more worthy investment? can anyone share your views?

I am lemming about whether to get a Gucci GG monofram wallet or a Mini LV monogram wallet.

Hence, thought of seeking opinion from you girls and i wanna get it as soon as possible before the price goes on a hike!

Investment? I don't think bags in general are good 'investments' (if you can call it investment at all), let alone a wallet. Its entirely up to your own taste since both brands have rather dif designs and styles to being with. If you prefer changing wallets regularly, get a Gucci cause they don't last that long (compared to LV). But if you dislike the hassle of changing wallets (like me ), then get an LV, they last virtually forever. I've been using my black Epi leather wallet for the last (nearly) 4 years and its still in perfect condition. I don't even have a reason for getting another wallet anymore LOL! My next wallet will definitely not be LV anymore, they last too long for me.

Comment

as far as wallets or bags are concerned, i would think it's your personal preference. i prefer Gucci's designs but my LV wallet has been holding up well for the last 3 years.

Comment

I think it all depends on what you are looking for. For me, my preference is a square-shaped wallet with cards and coin compartment into 1. I don't like the idea of carrying a separate pouch for coins. I've seen LV which can be bulky when it gets all filled up. So I've settled for Gucci. I'm happy with it so far...

Comment

I agree with the ladies here. Personally I find Gucci's GG fabric nicer compared to its calf leather range which IMO boring.

If you are like me who prefers the fabric then with such hefty price tag, you might wanna consider the value of fabric (Gucci) vs leather (LV). I guess LV would be my choice for long lasting design and quality.

Comment

thanks for all your replies.

still cant make up my mind.

from all the responses, i gather that LV last longer?

Comment

Agree with mango and michannat. LV stuff can last very long. Like mango, I've been using the wallet for about 3 years or so and its still in good condition too. I do not like to change wallet frequently too and I think its worth the price tag.

Comment

well, Gucci wallets are priced at around 500 - 600 plus ?
                Last edited by diorgirl; 01-06-2004, 07:23 PM.

Comment

That would depends on what designs you intend to get.

Comment

I am all for LV. Definitely LV if you are looking for something timeless and lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by diorgirl
                      well, Gucci wallets are priced at around 500 - 600 plus ?
                      Yep Do look out for Gucci's sale though

Comment

when is the sale?

Comment

IIRC, Gucci will participate in the annual GSS. had pretty good buys last year.

Comment

i'd go for a LV. mine has been serving me quite well a year or so and it still looks pretty new. plus, i'd rather have a leather wallet, i'm afraid i'll dirty it otherwise

Comment

looks like my next wallet will be a LV

i usually go thru wallets for abt 2 yrs before it spilts in 2 ( i dump everything in the wallet )

Comment

Working...
                              X