Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder/2-way Foundations

Hi HI,
    i was going thru the forum and did not see cotters mentioning the use of 2-way cake for MU. Most of the cotter recommends foundation and loose powder.
    I hv been a avid user of ZA 2 way cake for the past year. However, realise that the coverage is not longer what i want. Do u cotter has this experience and wud recommend the use of foundation and loose powder for a more complete make up basics........TIA

There are really good 2ways cakes in the market now. And people turn to 2ways for the convenience, just like me when i'm running late.

It's hard to judge whether liquid and loose powder is better or 2 way, i guess it's just a preference.

If you would like to try out more 2 ways, here a few good ones i've personally used.

Chanel double teint 2 way foundation powder
    Stila Angel Powder
    Prescriptives whitening 2 way powder

Comment

DiorSkin compact is good, too! I used to use it every single day before I lost it.
      And lots of people (and lots loathe it too ) like MAC StudioFix.
      My personal recc though, is to try mineral makeup. I Jane Iredale loose minerals, and they have the pressed also. HTH!

Comment

angel light is a 2 way cake? than i use it too!

good coverage! but tends to be slightly drying on my skin. i apply more moisturiser to compensate but i tend to use it only when i'm in a rush

Comment

Two-way cake that I had tried and like. KP powder foundation and Stila Angel Light. These two are my HG when I am in rush and have no time for the foundation and loose powder routine.

Heard rave about the Chanel 2-way cake too. You might want to try this as well.

Comment

I used to use TBS cakes faithfully..but I have changed to foundations..I'm using the Shu Uemura UV Powder Foundation now, it's just what i need, keeps my face matte all day. very long lasting. On special occasions I use liquid foundation.

Personally I prefer liquid foundations cos they provide better coverage without being too chalky. They look more natural on the skin. Though its more of a chore to put it on compared to 2way cakes and powder foundations. I recommend you use loose powder after you put on your foundation and loosepowder really sets the make-up and your whole face. It's a must for me. Try a bronzing loose powder

For my usual day at school, I just go on with the bronzing loose powder, and TLC banana loose powder to highlight. No foundation involved.

Comment

Chanel's Double Perfection Compact has been a staple in my makeup kit for a few years, wonderful stuff! I normally use it dry because the coverage is good enough as it is. A must-try!

Comment

I prefer foundation & loose powder to create a natural look. For busy days, I simply go for my 2-way cake. I've tried KP, Shiseido, Stila & Madina Milano and KP is my favourite (the red compact). The texture is smooth with buildable coverage. I've repurchased it for several times. For MM, it's not as smooth as KP with a lighter coverage, Stila & Shiseido (not the latest version) are definitely not my favourite. The colour of Chanel is not a perfect match for me though the powder is finely milled. My latest purchase in 2-way cake is Shu Velvet Perfect but I haven't tried it yet. Too many products, too little time! :roll:
                Last edited by kopo; 21-09-2003, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kopo
                  I prefer foundation & loose powder to create a natural look. For busy days, I simply go for my 2-way cake. I've tried KP, Shiseido, Stila & Madina Milano and KP is my favourite (the red compact). The texture is smooth with buildable coverage. I've repurchased it for several times. For MM, it's not as smooth as KP with a lighter coverage, Stila & Shiseido (not the latest version) are definitely not my favourite. The colour of Chanel is not a perfect match for me though the powder is finely milled. My latest purchase in 2-way cake is Shu Velvet Perfect but I haven't tried it yet. Too many products, too little time! :roll:
                  tks everyone.
                  so to say, the foundation and loose powder routine is better than 2-way cake if time permits. i definately hv to make time for the loose powder and foundation routine for better looking MU.

tks again

Comment

help me choose a foundation??

hihi, currently i don't use any foundation. any recommendations for me to start with? i'll prefer those that will have a matt look and is not liquid based. thank you!!

Comment

try these:

* Stila Angel Light
                      * MAC Studio Fix
                      * Shiseido Hydrocompact
                      * Ettusais Oil-Free Pact or Whitening Pact

Comment

Re: Re: help me choose a foundation??

Originally posted by Glossie
                        You mean you prefer a powder foundation? A 2-way cake? Nothing liquidy or creamy?
                        yes. any suggestion? thank you

Comment

What about iPSA Protect Powdery Foundation? It is a powder foundation, some oil control properties and it definitely go on matte

Comment

The refill is $55. I cannot remember the price of the compact case. I think the total cost for both added up is something like $78 But I may be wrong Since I do not carry it out, I didn't bother to buy the compact case....

Comment

OK. I don't use powder foundations anymore but I'll list 2 which I've read about that're good:

Diorskin
                              Body+Soul

Personally, have tried MAC StudioFix - Oil CENTRAL. My skin's dehydrated/dry yet this happened! :huh:

Many others I used to wear are no longer available. Kose Sonia was my fave. Basically, the Japanese ones are yellow enuf for Asian skins.

Comment

Working...
                              X