Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 314149505152 LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Hey has anyone taken EL1101E before? Hoping to look for someone who can share their experience with me about this module.

Cozy Rookie Array

hello can any seniors advice if taking 3 level 2xxx at year 1 sem 2 is too much? TIA! :D

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by jamming123 View Post
    hello can any seniors advice if taking 3 level 2xxx at year 1 sem 2 is too much? TIA! :D
    I did that last sem and it was okay. I tested the water first with one 2000 in y1sem1 though so I knew what it roughly entailed. Do your research first and choose the modules wisely..if you take 3 hardcore level2000s accidently, you'll be in hell! Although I'd say this differs from fac to fac. I'm from FASS btw.

Good luck!

Default nus engine

me nus engine

Cozy Rookie Array

Honours or BA (Pass with Merit)?

Hello cotters,

I'm sure many previous NUS cotters have asked this question.

I just completed SEM 1 of my 3rd year.

My CAP now stands at 2nd-lower class. My goal is to get 2nd-upper. But, this sem ended quite tragically. I fear 21st Dec

I'm from FASS. And now I'm split between a 2nd-lower or a BA(Pass With Merit). There are pros and cons of either choice.

One major pressure I have is that many of my friends are doing hons and even plan to do Masters. I don't want to be one with just a degree (silly, I know). On top of that, so many people always assume that I'm not doing hons just because we don't do direct hons in FASS. For some unknown reasons, I feel indignant about that. Haha

Also, my bf has always hoped that I will do well in school since he didn't do it himself.

On the other hand, I can't bear myself to use a year (and that sum of money!) just to get a 2nd-lower, which I highly think I will end up with. Well, the list is endless!

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcomed!

Anyone else in a similar position?

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by aureliaz View Post
    I did that last sem and it was okay. I tested the water first with one 2000 in y1sem1 though so I knew what it roughly entailed. Do your research first and choose the modules wisely..if you take 3 hardcore level2000s accidently, you'll be in hell! Although I'd say this differs from fac to fac. I'm from FASS btw.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice!! Going to check out module review and google for more info... I'm from FASS too going to major in socie! I'm trying to get sc2101, sc2212, sc2214 pre-allocated

Cozy Rookie Array christina8587's Avatar

hi janelin, im fron enginnering too. looks like cotters have little enginner. =)

Does anyone know if I can still take New Media as minor if I only get a C? (FASS help!)

Pls help!

Cozy Rookie Array

Minor in CNM (FASS students matriculated 06-07 onwards)
    Pass at least 24 MCs of NM modules, which include the following:

(1) NM1101E

(2) NM2101 - Prerequisite: Obtain a grade of B- or above in NM1101E Communications, New Media and Society. (prerequisite for students from COHORT 2009 onwards only)
    http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/cnm/underg...uirements.html

you can try submitting a portfolio to appeal though.

hth.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hello NUS cotters, I am new here in this forum, and want to apply the supply chain management master cousework in 2011Fall, not sure whether this major in NUS is competitive compare to the logistics master coursework in NTU? need your suggestion.

thx in advance!!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Polar Bear View Post
    Actually I think the NUS course is more competitive than NTU.
    thx very much! I will consider it~~

HELP!

I am planning to take Japanese Studies (JS1101E) as major this semester but only happened to know that if I declare Japanese language module as S/U then will have the following problem:

"Students who have taken Japanese language modules, opted for S/U and then subsequently declared JS as a major will have the S/U grade automatically reverted to the letter grade. The S/U grade, once reverted, will remain even if there is a change in major subsequently."
    http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/jps/undergrad3_1.htm

I'm having a huge headache now! Can anyone help me understand the above meaning? Does it mean that I will not get anymore credits for all the JS modules I take?

And has anyone taken JS2230 before? Or any JS modules before? Pls advise!

Cozy Rookie Array

*sigh~~ school...

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi cotters!

Anyone took MKT2411 Retail Entrepreneurship before? Any reviews on that? What do you have to do for that module? Is it very taxing?

Thanks!!

Default CL1101E or SE1101E

Hi there,

anyone taken CL1101E or Se1101E before? I'm kinda hesitate between these 2 modules as I need to fulfil my asian studies requirement.

Heard the workload for SE is quite heavy. How about CL? I didn't take A lvl Chinese as I'm from Poly. But got a distinction in O lvl chinese.

Pls advise.

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 314149505152 LastLast