Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
    Cozy Celeb Array

Default Older Women in the workforce

Hey all, I was just reading the news which states that older women (say,40-50s,mainly retired house wives) are having a hard time getting jobs due to their long absence in jobs. I find it rather true since many job websites I have been to actually only seek out young graduates or people who havent' been too long detached in the industry. Even librarians need a degree.

I was thinking of helping some older ladies in my support group (I volunteer on an adhoc basis) get jobs ... but i really don't know where to start, perhaps some of you ladies could provide some clues?

These ladies just need fulfillment in their job scopes, and usually, pay is the lowest thing on their minds. Thanks guys and have a great week away

Cozy Rookie Array

hihi...
    i read that my ex-school lib is hiring,maybe u wanna check it out at www.sp.edu.sg :D

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by inthetwilight View Post
    Hey all, I was just reading the news which states that older women (say,40-50s,mainly retired house wives) are having a hard time getting jobs due to their long absence in jobs. I find it rather true since many job websites I have been to actually only seek out young graduates or people who havent' been too long detached in the industry. Even librarians need a degree.

I was thinking of helping some older ladies in my support group (I volunteer on an adhoc basis) get jobs ... but i really don't know where to start, perhaps some of you ladies could provide some clues?

These ladies just need fulfillment in their job scopes, and usually, pay is the lowest thing on their minds. Thanks guys and have a great week away

actually, some shops in retail industry do welcome older ladies as they are more stable. if they look presentable and can speak basic english, you can help them to find jobs in retail line.