email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

dear gal... programme and admin dept... how is it? heard of any long hrs of OT? cos there is no OT pay... ;D

Cozy Rookie Array

i work in both sectors thus for fresh grad i will suggest them to work in prvite sector first to learn things then go to public sector and you will see the diff. after that u will appericate more that you have learn and see much more things when u r in private sector.

Cozy Rookie Array

Can I enquire what is the normal range of pay increment for Govt sector for a degree holder (holding a mid level position) ? I always thought it was 5%-10%, but it does not seem so?
    Last edited by Ahappycherry; 13-05-2010 at 12:17 AM.

1st day of work and i'm already dreading!
    D ofc aircon so warm!

Unhappy 2nd day.....didnt know travelling by bus is so unpredictable.tday d bus route to ofc was blocked by a fallen tree! Luckily I got a lift from hubby to work.
    Stressed about travelling to work coz only accessible by bus and after that need to walk long distance...
    Still don't know my job scope and I'm not too eager to ask coz people don't seem to helpful and I'm getting unmotivated.....
    Lucky I got iPhone to keep me occupied and entertained. Sighz.....

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi there! i just graduated and would like to ask the approximate pay for HR personnel in govt vs. public sectors as i am unsure what to put as my expected pay

TIA

Poly - at least 1.7 to 1.8
    Uni - from at least 2.5 and goes up according to how well you do

Anybody knows if those new joiners are entitled to the 0.5mth prorated bonus and the $300 payout in jul?

I think you are entitled to a pro-rated amount. But some places don't give the bonus our if you haven't serve at least 6 months with the company.

anyone working with ministry?
    they asked if i could take a pay cut.
    i've been working for abt 5 years in private sector.

Cozy Rookie Array

How long does it take stat board to get back to us, if I am slected for the post

I got an offer from a bank which is willing to buy me out to work with then on immediate basis. Would stat board approve such buy out and serve zero notice period?
    I'm only with my current stat board for 1mth+....
    What are the consequences?

It is stated in your employment contract. Either side will be able to give notice by 1 month. this can be pay in lieu of serving notice. If you are only there for 1 mth+, if you speak nicely to your boss, they will probably let you pay the $ and go. Unlikely they want to keep you around doing nothing for another month. There are no consequences, but do try to end things nicely, if your boss requires, do take maybe 1 or 2 days to handover whatever you are currently doing. Remember, HR is very small industry. People know each other. Govt HR is even smaller. Reference checks are very easily done because everyone knows everyone else. Once you are blacklisted, it is very difficult to clear your name.

Cozy Rookie Array

agree ..its always better to leave on a good note cos u never know if u will be gg back to the same company one day..so better act apologetic and say sorry but I really keen on the new job..etc etc...

Problem is d bank would want me to join by next tuesday which is a very short notice! To be honest,I even forgotten what was discussed during the interview then coz it was back in April.
    D stat board would need me coz they were short of manpower for 2mthd but then,my colleagues were not helpful! They r not willing to guide me n I'm feeling helpless half of d time asking people from other depts.
    I'm quite fed up dealing with my colleagues coz they shrink responsibilities and always tachi around n shoot arrows "pls follow up" without giving me proper guidance.
    "oh, u can read d SOP in d database" which database n which sop should I b reading?
    Another annoying part is I have to guide a guy who totally fresh in d industry and irony is he's my assistant n he not able to offer me help.

I feel like I'm in a shit hole and I do fear jumping into anoher shit hole in d bank....banks r supposed to be quite political but d stat board I'm in makes me unhappy right from d 1st day I join!

Sighz....sorry to b ranting here.....
    Someone help me?

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast