Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
    Cozy Rookie Array

Taking of passport-sized photos at photo-developing shops

Just wondering..

do all photo-developing shops provide the service of helping you to take pass-port sized photos? Coz I'm planning to head down to the northpoint's one today and am not sure whether they offer such a service..don't want to make a wasted trip..

most photoshops do have the facilities, if all fail, u can take at the stand alone photo developing booths too

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by littlegreenyoda View Post
    Yes i think so.. even those ulu ulu photo developing shops will have such services.

OT abit: is it possible to take your own picture and ask them to develop to passport size for you?
    Icic thanks!

Ya i think it is possible but unless u can take a very good quality photo using your own camera I don't think it's advisable.

TLC
    Cozy Star Array

Quote Originally Posted by littlegreenyoda View Post
    OT abit: is it possible to take your own picture and ask them to develop to passport size for you?
    Yes you can but the staff may charge you $6 for just 4 passport size photos (they need to earn something, don't they?).

I took at a shop and the result was ugly. I looked so 'dirty'

After that episode, what I did was to take my own picture with a mahjong paper as background, resize it using an online help and develop at harvey norman at just $0.35 (8 pcs). I used the photo for my driving license.

Cozy Rookie Array

I did the same for my SO too. Helped him take a nice pic against the white background and then bring to photo shops to develope. He just used it for both his IC and passport photos...so I guess it should be ok.

Alternatively you can approach any Konica or Kodak (it's blue, but I can't remember the name) shop, they can take the photo and burn it onto a CD for you. You also get to take home 8 passport sized photos as well. The CD is useful especially if in future you want to print the same photos again...need not take another photo.

I guess the good thing is that you can request for re-taking of the photo until you are satisfied before they print it for you.

I tried that some time back, so I'm not sure whether they still have this promo around. But I think you can go check it out.

12 bucks for 8pcs photo + 1 CD, if I'm not wrong.

girls, what about full-length 4R photos? are there any instant kind at kodak etc?

i had a disastrous time at the $6 photo machine. All sucky.
    Read someone that they photoshop their pic and develop for passport pic.

Cozy Rookie Array

u can take your own passport photo using own camera, then load the pict into http://www.epassportphoto.com/ which will convert it into a 4R size photo (containing 6 passport photos). You can take to any photo shop to develop. Only 50 cents. cheap cheap. =]

Joyc3 ***. Great tip, I need to replace IC pic. I think IC pic seen by more people than driving. Also driving pic was more urgent. It is an offence to drive without license.

What are the requirements for passport pic? white background, need to face camera not slanting, no hair covering eyebrow etc??

there's 1 shop in the basement at the new wing does provide this service. hths

Default All you need to know to get a gd Passport/NRIC/Driving License photo

I had a disastrous time at the $6 photo machine. All sucky.
    Read someone that they photoshop their pic and develop for passport pic.

20th century method
    Go to photo shop or the $6 machine and pray that the pictures turn out ok.
    Due to murphy's law, they never turn out good. Just because of the lousy lighting, lousy environment... It is a hit and miss game

21st century method
    • Using digital camera. Take a picture of yourself until satisfactory.
    • Photoshop a bit (not too much) No more pimples, fat noses, or fat face. Liquify is our friend.
    • Upload into http://www.epassportphoto.com/ which will convert it into a 4R size photo (containing 6 passport photos).
    • Bring to your Fujifilm/Kodak shops to develop for as low as 10c for 6 passport pic

NOTE
    Compliance with the requirements for passport photo is reqiured otherwise they will reject it

The Singapore passport authorities state that the photos must be sharp and clear
    • 35 mm wide by 45 mm high is the size required for passport photos
    • The passport photos must be borderless
    • The passport photos must have been taken within the last 3 months
    • The passport photos must be t taken full face with you looking directly at the camera
    • Your head must be straight straight and your eyes must be open
    • No hair across the eyes is allowed in your photos
    • Both edges of your face, and the top of the shoulders must be clearly seen
    • Your face must measure between 25 mm and 35 mm from chin to crown of head
    • Taken without wearing any hat or other head covering, unless you habitually wear a hat or head covering in accordance with your religious or racial custom
    • If any such hat or other head covering is worn, the passport photo must still be a full frontal view of your head and shoulders, showing your facial features in entirety with eyes open and clearly visible
    • If you wear glasses, the photo must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection
    • Spectacle frames must not cover any part of your eyes
    • Tinted glasses and sunglasses are not allowed in Singapore passport applications
    • Taken with uniform lighting with no flash reflections or shadows
    • No uneven bright spots on the face and no red eyes in your photo
    • Taken against a white background, except that if your hair, hat or head covering is white, the background must be light gray
    • The photo must show you alone with no chair back, toys or other persons visible
    • Be printed on high quality paper at high resolution with a matt or semi-matt finish with no ink marks or creases.

disclaimer. picture taken from Kodakexpress website. This is not me.

SOFT COPY PIC ADDITIONAL RULES
    If you are submitting a soft copy of your Passport pic for the online application.
    (Image burned to CD)

The general guidelines for Singapore Passport Photos as above must be followed but in addition

• Passport Photo file size should not exceed 60kb
    • 514 x 400 pixels is the size specified by Singapore Passport Agencies
    • The passport photo must be submitted in jpeg format

Hope this help you all look better in your photographs

i need to experiment with camera.
    i will skip photoshop
    Hoping for a flattering pic
    Last edited by preciousia; 23-01-2009 at 01:23 AM.

ave

i think that the instant passport photo booth at bukit batok driving centre is pretty good! the last time i went there the help helped me take a pretty decent photo (and i got to retake it if i dont like it!)

but it's been a few months since i last went so i dunno if the guy's still there..

oh wells... i hate taking passport pics.. like it or not.. it always turn out weird some way or the other... hmmm...

believe it or not. i took my driving license pic at a photo shop who does a little air brushing... yucks. i looked like an insurance agent I paid like $16

then i tried again. to take the picture at the photo booth in Pasir Ris. 5 tries later and $30 poorer. I gave up and choose the best picture from the 5.

i don't think i am the only one having problems.

Now i need a NRIC photo. This one better be good!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Yes you can but the staff may charge you $6 for just 4 passport size photos (they need to earn something, don't they?).

I took at a shop and the result was ugly. I looked so 'dirty'

After that episode, what I did was to take my own picture with a mahjong paper as background, resize it using an online help and develop at harvey norman at just $0.35 (8 pcs). I used the photo for my driving license.
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread!!

Freaking bad... huh.. I have the same problem... go photo shops to take photo, always kenna bad hair.... or totally bad position of the face... Tried twice, both not satisfactory!

I'm contemplating to do it myself ****, at least not so paisey to ask them to retake so many times!

I hate taking passport size photos!
    Last edited by faustine; 17-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.